Ride With Us
Rolling into Winter. 2 rides a week – whatever the weather brings. Still more fun than riding indoors.
Friday Cafe Ride – meet at the shop at 10.00. Friendly road bike ride with a focus on good coffee stops and learning basic group riding skills. Back to the shop by 14.00. All weathers, all year round.
Sunday Surrey Escape – head for the hills ride at 08.00. Usually need to back by 12.00 to open the shop but we’ll occasionally stay out longer.
Friday & Sunday shop rides have their own What’s App group and we try to post a route the day before. Come along for a ride and we’ll add you to the list for the next one.
Every ride includes a coffee stop and plenty of chat along the way.
You can see a typical shop ride on our Strava page: Please click THIS LINK .
Tips for group riding Richmond Cycles style:
- Ride two abreast and at your discretion move to single file (be courteous to other road users- narrow/busy roads single file may be safer, faster moving traffic can get past a shorter group of two abreast more easily)
- Riding close to the person in front gives the benefit of less drag, but only ride as close as you feel comfortable
- Stay relaxed but aware of those in front and behind
- Don’t make any sudden acceleration, movement or break
- Move out in plenty of time to avoid road hazards and so others can follow your line
- Keep pedalling-soft pedal rather than freewheel
- Maintain a steady speed
- At times it may be safer/better to split into two or more smaller groups and regroup as decided
- On hills, give riders more room as they are more likely to slow or move off their line
Note – All rides are adult only and each rider is responsible for his or her own personal safety at all times.